With Colder weather upon us if air is not circulating well in your home or condominium condensation will occur.
WHAT IS CONDENSATION?
The air contains moisture. The temperature of the air determines how much moisture it can hold, and warm air contains more moisture than cold air.
When warm, moist air comes into contact with either a surface or air that is colder than it is, the warm air is unable to retain the same amount of moisture as it did and the water is released either into the cold air or onto the colder surface, causing condensation to form, quickly followed by mould.
Here are some methods to prevent condensation inside your home:
1) Turn your bathroom fan on when showering and leave on for a few minutes when done
2) Turn on your exhaust fan when cooking
3) Open a balcony door or window slightly to provide fresh air into the home
4) Circulate air using a fan
5) Move plants away from windows as Plants release moisture
6) Run a dehumidifier
The Graff Girls don not just help people BUY and SELL homes they help them keep them living in comfort and health!